My Expectations of Summer Camp for all cadets and officer to have a fun, safe and stress free time. For that I want to let everyone know my expectations as the
In order for camp to run efficiently and at the best we can possibly make it, all the officer need to be on the same page.
I expect ALL officers to act in a professional matter, to respect each other and to communicate any concerns that they see not only at camp, but also before and
I also wish that all officer not be afraid to have fun and act like a 10 year old from time to time. We are at camp to teach the cadets, and make sure they have fun,
but we have to make sure that we have fun as well.
All officers and volunteers prior to camp MUST have a Navy League screening card from Navy League of Canada. If you do not have a screen card please talk to the
Commanding officer from your city or the Branch President.
Officer and Volunteer Rules and Guidelines at Summer Camp
- All officers and volunteers prior to camp MUST have a Navy League screening card from Navy League of Canada. If you do not have a
screen card please talk to the Commanding officer from your city or the Branch President.
- There will be no tolerance for physical, sexual, verbal or mental abuse toward cadets, officers and any volunteers. If this rule
is broken it is immediate dismissal from camp and will be reported to the Navy League of Saskatchewan Division and the RCMP.
- For cadet behavioural problems please come to CO and XO for advice. (ex. Home
sickness, talking out of turn, wondering off)
- For all minor offenses the divisional officer will deal with. All Major offenses will be brought to the
Executive Officer's attention immediately.
- Every officer should record occurrences, both the good and bad.
- There will be absolutely NO consumption of alcohol while cadets are at camp.
- There will be Absolutely NO consumption of illegal drugs at camp Saskadet.
- Smoking will only be permitted in the Fresh air tent when cadets are at camp
- If you are to use the fresh air tent, please ensure there is an officer watching your cadets and that your DPO knows who they
- Please limit your time in the tent during hours that the cadets are awake
- No Sea Cadet’s are allowed in tent
- There will be NO swearing in front of cadets.
- There will be NO fraternization while cadets are at camp.
- Remember this is a hands off organization.
- Officers must act in a professional manner.
- Have respect for all officers, address with their last name and appropriate prefix.
- Have fun!! If you are feeling stressed and need a moment to yourself please talk to the OOD and they will either find someone to
relief you or will themselves.
- Only officers that have been certified will be permitted to use the ATV.
- Must have PCOC to operate power water craft.
- If for some reason you need to go into the opposite sex barracks please have an officer of that gender escort
- Cell Phones to be used at own risk. Do not allow to interrupt any cadet training (although cell service is
NLCSD Summer Camp